Duo can be used anywhere in the world, but sometimes it works a little differently outside the United States. The methods below will ensure you can always access your MICA account no matter where you are.
Note: In order to use the methods described here, you must first enroll in Duo. If you have not already done so, see Getting Started with Duo and follow the instructions to enroll.
Using App-Generated Passcodes
With the Duo Mobile application installed on your iOS or Android device, you can generate unlimited passcodes for Duo authentication. No internet connection, phone number, or cell service is necessary.
- Ensure you have enrolled in Duo, and that you have installed and activated the Duo Mobile app on your iOS or Android device.
- Navigate to MICA.edu/Login and enter your MICA username and password.
- You will see the Duo prompt. If it prompts for a passcode, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, select Other options, and then select Duo mobile passcode.
- Open the Duo Mobile app on your iOS or Android device and locate your MICA account. If you do not see a passcode, tap on the account to reveal the passcode.
- Enter the passcode displayed by the Duo Mobile app into the Duo prompt displayed in your browser and select Verify. If the passcode is correct, you will be logged in to your MICA account.
Duo Mobile in China (Android only)
If possible, MICA recommends that you enroll in Duo and install the Duo Mobile app before departing the United States. We also recommend that you use the app-generated passcode authentication method described above when traveling internationally.
Because of limitations in China, Duo Mobile may not be available for installation on the Google Play Store, and SMS authentication may not be an option for the +86 country code. Duo offers a version of the Duo Mobile app which Android users may download and install outside of the Play Store. Please note that since Google Play Services is required in order to receive push notifications on Android, users without Google Play Services installed will have to "fetch" Duo push requests by manually opening the Duo Mobile app.
More details and installation instructions can be found directly on Duo's support page: https://help.duo.com/s/article/2094