Eligibility and Requirements
Current High School Freshmen (Grade 9) who are Baltimore City residents and are seriously interested in pursuing a degree in art and design. Applicants will be required to fully commit to three years of intensive coursework, workshops, and community support beginning in the Fall of their 10th grade year.
An acceptable application includes:
- Completed application form
- Completed recommendation form (click here to download the PDF version)
- Grade 9 attendance record and most recent report card
- Completed financial form, two most recent pay stubs, latest tax return (part of PDF download application above or as part of SlideRoom online application)
- Portfolio: 4 pieces of original artwork (complete, in-progress, and sketchbook page samples are all acceptable) submitted in digital format. Formats include images up to 5MB each, video up to 250MB each, audio up to 30MB each, PDFs up to 10MB each, images of 3-D models, and external media from YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, etc.
- Applications are online only, but attachments may be mailed or uploaded.
The deadline to apply is September 9, 2022.
Send Supplemental Application Materials To:
Art & Design College Accelerator Program
c/o Kate Porter
Director of Youth and Community Education
MICA Open Studies
Maryland Institute College of Art
1300 W Mount Royal Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21217