Eligibility and Requirements
Current High School Freshmen (Grade 9) who are Baltimore City residents and are seriously interested in pursuing a degree in art and design. Applicants will be required to fully commit to three years of intensive coursework, workshops, and community support beginning in the Fall of their 10th grade year.
An acceptable application includes:
- Completed application form
- Completed recommendation form (click here to download the PDF version)
- Grade 9 attendance record and most recent report card (unofficial transcript)
- Completed financial form,
- Portfolio: 4 pieces of original artwork (complete, in-progress, and sketchbook page samples are all acceptable) submitted in digital format. Formats include images up to 5MB each, video up to 250MB each, audio up to 30MB each, PDFs up to 10MB each, images of 3-D models, and external media from YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, etc.
- Applications are online only, but your unofficial transcript or letter of recommendation may be emailed if you are unable to upload at the time of submitting the application.
Send Supplemental Application Materials To:
Art & Design College Accelerator Program
c/o Natovian McLeod
Director of Youth and Community Education