MICA's Art & Design College Accelerator Program (ADCAP) provides a pathway to high-quality art and design college education for Baltimore City students who face financial challenges and are from diverse backgrounds. MICA is committed to providing equitable access for city residents with demonstrated promise who are interested in pursuing a degree in art and design.
Participating students will receive not only the advantages of MICA's educational material and curriculum, but also receive the benefits of a dedicated support network and individual mentorship.
Current 9th grade students living in Baltimore City are eligible to apply, with the program beginning in Fall of their 10th grade year. NOTE: Current 10th graders are encouraged to apply for the Fall 2019 cohort. Deadline to apply is September 22, 2019.
Students who demonstrate exceptional artistic promise and who can make a three-year commitment to this intensive experience are encouraged to apply. ADCAP offers the best of MICA's superior youth programs; YPS High School Studios on Saturdays throughout each school year, and the Pre-College Art and Design Residency Program (a 5-week intensive residency) the summer between their Junior and Senior year, coupled with mentoring workshops and access to MICA's network of resources.
This unparalleled opportunity is highly competitive with only 15 spaces available and absolutely free to students accepted into the program, including transportation, meals and art supplies. It is made possible by generous support from the Jacques & Natasha Gelman Foundation.
If accepted, at no cost to you, over the course of three years you will:
- Complete up to 7 art and design courses through MICA's YPS High School Studios
- Participate in the 5-week summer Pre-College Art & Design Residency Program, earning 3 college credits
- Receive transportation assistance, lunch, and art supplies for days the program meets
- Assess your strengths and build your skills through a variety of workshops
- Practice leadership skills
- Build a relationship with a MICA college admissions counselor through presentations and workshops
- Develop a college admissions portfolio and compete for MICA freshman scholarships
- Become a part of our inclusive MICA community
- Gain insight into the art and design careers and learn from professional artists and designers
- Demonstrate your capacity for college-level rigor and build strong artistic and academic habits