Where / How to Print
Printing within the Decker Library is available from any computer workstation on the upper or lower level (or from your device - see instructions below).
To print, send your document to Print from any Library computer. On the lower level, there is a touch screen next to the photocopier. "Release" your print by selecting the job and swiping your MICA ID card. Your print(s) are released by the printer on the lower level of the Library. If you need assistance, please let anyone at either service desk (Research Help desk on the lower level or Access Services desk on the upper level) know.
Printing From Your Laptop or Mobile Device
Please note you have to be in the Library before sending a document to print from your own device.
Things to Note About Usage
- Our printers are for our paper only. Please do not bring paper to print on.
- At this time, our printer is only capable of 8.5 x 11 inch print outs. The copier, however, can copy to 11x17 inch paper.
- We are unable to print on transparent paper.
- If you need to print a large volume, please use Postal & Print services. They are also located in Bunting Center on the first floor.
- If you need to print for studio assignments, please use the Art Tech Center.
The cost of printing is $.50 per page for Black and White or Color, letter size (8.5 x 11 inches).
How to Pay
Faculty, staff, and students must have Flex Account funds available on their MICARD (the MICA photo ID card) in order to print in the Library. One can set up a Flex Account in two ways:
- In person: Visit the Student Account Services office in Bunting 240. Call (410) 225-2212 for hours (always open weekdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.). Cash ($20 minimum), checks, and credit cards are accepted.
- Online: Go to the GET page to set up an account or replenish funds using a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). The money will be transferred to your Flex account instantaneously.
Continuing Studies students will need to obtain a MICARD at the Campus Safety office at 1212 Mt. Royal Ave. prior to setting up a Flex Account. Call (410) 225-2355 for hours. (The office is always open weekdays from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
MICA Alumni and other visitors can pay for their printouts or photocopies using cash or credit card. Between the hours of 8:30 am and 3 pm Monday through Friday, visitors have the option of printing files at Postal & Print.
The Library photocopier (located on the lower level) also has scanning capabilities and is available to users free of charge. Scans can be sent directly to an email address.