Our work in social design education and practice has been featured in peer-reviewed journals, academic textbooks, and design magazines.
- "Using a human-centered design approach for collaborative decision-making in pediatric asthma care." Public Health, 2019
- Health Design Thinking: Creating Products and Services for Better Health, by Bon Ku and Ellen Lupton
- Ethics in Design and Communication: Critical Perspectives
- “Identifying Solutions to Improve the Sexually Transmitted Infections Testing Experience for Youth Through Participatory Ideation.” AIDS Patient Care and STDs, Volume 32, Issue 8, 2018.
- “Social Design as a User-Centered Approach to Innovative Intervention Development: Lessons from HEARS.” Innovation in Aging, Volume 1, Issue 1, 1 July 2017.
- “¡Vive!: Designing an intervention to improve timely HIV diagnosis among Latino immigrant men.” Progress in Community Health Partnerships PCHP 2016;10(3): 365-372.
- LEAP 2: Value of Design Symposium, Impact Design Hub
- LEAP Dialogues: Career Pathways in Design for Social Innovation, Designmatters
- Insight from Academia: The Evolving Profession of a Social Impact Designer, Design
- Educating the Next Generation of Social Impact Designers, National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)
- Mike Weikert: Designing Social Change, shareable.net