Leake Hall, first floor
COVID-19 Update: In accordance with MICA's Operational Mode 4, A Box is currently operating at 75% capacity. A Box is open to internal bookings only.
This performance space is generally not available for external rentals.
Located on the first floor of the Leake Hall dormitory, A Box is a versatile space that can be transformed to meet the needs of a variety of events, ranging from theatrical to educational and from casual to professional. A Box’s unique glass wall looks out onto a patio and garden space, providing a backdrop for events needing plenty of natural light.
|150||112||96||40’ x 40’||Customizable|
● Furniture: Armed chairs, armless chairs, 10 6' tables, podium. Furniture may be moved or rearranged for meetings, performances, and receptions. Additional tables and chairs available for rental.
● A/V: Full audio system with 4 handheld wireless microphones; fixed-position projector and retractable 6’x10’ screen. Additional handheld microphones available upon request.
● Lighting: Theatrical stage lighting with customizable arrangements.
● Other: Large sliding doors open up to the Leake Hall lobby, creating an opening to a large reception area. Large glass window that provides natural light. Light blocking and sheer curtains around the perimeter of the room.
Interested in using A Box?
● Request the space HERE or through the Office of Events.
● This performance space is generally not available for external rentals.