Gateway, First Floor
Located on the ground floor of the Gateway building, BBOX is MICA’s premier black box theater. It serves as a platform for a diverse range of works and mediums ranging from traditional theater to experimental and interdisciplinary exhibitions.
Named in recognition of two creative MICA spirits, BBOX is a play on "Betty & Bill’s Black Box" – specifically for Betty Cooke ’46 and William O. Steinmetz ’50.
|450||200||160||50’ x 50’ x 19’||Customizable|
● Furniture: Armed chairs, six 6' tables, podium. Customizable riser and stage setup available. Furniture and stage may be moved or rearranged for panels, performances, and receptions. Additional tables and chairs may be rented.
● A/V: Full audio system with 4 handheld wireless microphones or 3 lavaliere wireless microphones, and live mixing and audio special effects; fixed-position projector and retractable 21’x11’ screen. Additional handheld microphones available upon request.
● Lighting: Full theatrical stage lighting with customizable arrangements. House lights affixed below the grid, which are 18’ from the floor. Gobo’s and colored LED lighting are available.
● Other: Two dressing rooms are equipped with a bathroom, shower, makeup counter, vanity mirror, full length mirror, stools, and a rolling clothing rack. Reception space available. The BBOX floor is black masonite and the walls are dark grey with two rows of wooden 2x6s around the perimeter for mounting objects to the wall.
Interested in using BBOX?
● Request the space HERE or through the Office of Events.
● Priority is given to student bookings during the academic year.