Welcome to new and returning students in Fall 2021!
- MICA is currently in Operational Mode 4 (as of 8/2)
- MICA is closed for Labor Day, including the residence hall package rooms. There were no deliveries and no pick ups on Monday, September 6th.
- Postal & Print is open M-F 8:30-5:00
- Residence Hall package rooms are open M-F, 10:00-5:00
- On-campus students can receive and pick up packages at their residence halls. Off-campus students can send packages to Postal & Print
- Here's how to send packages to campus.
- Closed to the public (including alumni)
- Departmental mail runs have resumed
- Student customers can (Faculty & Staff, see below) write down address and payment info then leave (moving the line along) or you can stay and pay
- We can package, ship, charge, email amount and tracking then shred payment info
- Masks and social distance of 3 feet are still in effect
- No limit on pre-labeled drop-off packages, personal or business
Please note: we do not wipe down or quarantine any packages. Please wash your hands after handling/touching boxes.
Staff and faculty
- We are now delivering mail and packages to campus locations.
- can ship business/college packages and personal mailing (including pre-labeled drop-offs)
- For classroom prints: please go digital, then use your department copier/admin, then email us a pdf of your classroom materials for delivery to your locus with 2-24 hours advance notice
- You can buy stamps and ship packages and pay with card or cash
- can do all of the above, but also ship a limit of 10 personal packages
- Student's living on-campus in Fall 2021: Please see our Receiving Packages.
The Long Version:
Faculty, Staff and Students: Monday through Friday 8:30 - 5:00
Please check back for updates on this developing situation.
MICA Response to Coronavirus
We are transitioning from earlier Covid restrictions and personnel levels. If you are still working remotely, please make arrangements to ship YOUR PERSONAL PACKAGES through your local post office, so that we may prioritize MICA business mail needs for those returning to campus. If you do come in to the office, we would ask that you please consider limiting the number of packages you bring to pay to ship to 10 packages per person. If you have more, we recommend starting your own account at USPS.com and bringing the packages in with pre-printed labels (no limit on pre-printed drop-offs).
Customers who do not wish to wait in a line may still write the recipient and sender names and addresses on the package, or name and fill out our address/payment form, leave the package(s) and form(s) in our care. If you need an envelope or box, just leave what you're sending and we can package it and add to the total of your transaction. We then would email you the total and the tracking number(s).
Faculty and Staff
We have now resumed package deliveries on campus to your department locations..
Information regarding normal operations a Postal & Print Services (non-Covid times)
Other MICA Closings
MICA is closed for New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day and two days at Thanksgiving and two days at Christmas. For Inclement weather closings, please take note of Alert Banners in Red for more information. We also close periodically for inclement weather. Please check mica.edu or call 410-225-2202.
Postal & Print Products and Services
MICA Postal & Print Services main purpose is to serve the business shipping needs of the college. We also provide services such as:
- color and black & white printing
- copies from a paper or electronic originals
- local, long-distance, and international faxing services
- variety of shipping and paper supplies
MICA Postal & Print Services serves the MICA community with campus-wide mail delivery and pick-up. As a current undergraduate student living off-campus, you can have packages delivered to Postal & Print and pick them up during hours of operation.
Current USPS Postage Rates
MICA Postal & Print Services would like to remind you that postage rates went up on January 27, 2019, for the US Postal Service. (New postage rates are coming August 29th, 2021).
1st Class Letter/Forever Stamp: $0.58
Postcard Stamps: $0.40
International Stamps: $1.30
Priority Flat Rate Envelope: $7.99
Express Flat Rate Envelope: $26.50
For a complete listing of the new rates, please visit usps.com, or download the Notice 123 price guide.
If you have any questions about the new postage rates or about shipping in general, please contact Postal & Print Services: email@example.com or call 410-225-2202.
Final Pick-ups: (Covid-19 schedule)
UPS 10:30 AM
USPS 2:00 PM
FedEx 1:00 PM - for larger packages, we have to call for a 2-hour pick-up window
(OR from FedEx Dropbox on Mosher and Malster): 6:00 PM