MICA's Parents Council is comprised of approximately 40 parents of MICA students and parents of young alumni. Council members represent the MICA parent community and set a leadership example through philanthropic support and advocacy of MICA's mission.
To ensure that students have the best MICA experience, the Council:
- Acts as ambassadors of the parent community to collectively voice and explore issues impacting students and families,
- Provides a conduit between MICA families, their students, and the administration to stay connected and share important information about the MICA experience.
- Engages in various projects in support of the MICA community to enhance and achieve the goal of MICA students having the best college experience possible.
- Supports MICA’s mission, vision, and values to shape the next generation of creative thinkers
- Facilitate communication between MICA families and the College community
- Support programs and initiatives that meet the continuing needs of the MICA community
- Serve as advocates to promote the value of MICA
- Identify and share potential internships and career opportunities for MICA students
- Creating a welcoming environment for a diverse community of parents
- Listen and extend a helping hand to parents and family members seeking information
- Be the voice of parent-giving campaigns