This application process is only for applicants who are not enrolling in a graduate program at MICA. The Community Art Collaborative AmeriCorps Program will begin accepting applications for the 2021-22 program year starting in March 2021. The application is hosted on a website called Submittable, and you will be asked to create a quick & free account. If you have any questions about the application process, please feel free to email the CAC Program Manager, Sarah Edelsburg, at: Sedelsburg@mica.edu.
(Please note: Individuals applying to the MFA Community Arts Graduate Program will follow a slightly different application process. )
The CAC Application will involve submitting:
- A cover letter that specifically describes why you are interested in the CAC program.
- Your most recent Resume/CV.
- A digital portfolio (one PDF) containing images of your artwork, community arts projects, and/or teaching samples.
- (At least two professional references: one must be a Letter of Support, the second can be contact information for a professional reference, or a second letter of support).
About Being a CAC Member
CAC Members will be placed in year-long residencies at community arts organizations in Baltimore City. Members will develop curriculum, teach classes & workshops, and assist in the evaluation of classes and programs. Members will provide outreach to potential program participants, publicize opportunities & events, and incorporate ongoing feedback from children served in program planning. Members will also assist in increasing volunteers and resources. They will have the opportunity to design and implement community & service learning projects that can include students and other members of the community. Members are required to have experience teaching art to youth in order to be considered.
Details to Note
- Finalists will be asked to do some research on our Partner Organizations in preparation for an interview and should be available for an interview in person, by phone or by video conference in June.
- The AmeriCorps Service year commitment would begin the last week of August 2021 and run through August 14 of the next year (August 2022).
- CAC's program year is contingent on approval of funds from AmeriCorps.