This summer, experience one of the most challenging and rewarding opportunities for young artists and designers.
With the move to a remote version of the Pre-College Art and Design Residency program, focus is on academic rigor and personal creative growth, and a college level curriculum (college credit is earned for each session).
Details of the move to remote learning are as followed:
- MICA will provide a high quality teaching and learning experience
- All sessions (5-week, 3-week & 2-week) studio courses meet Monday through Friday from 10:30 AM (EST) through 4:30 PM (EST) in a combination of live sessions, demonstrations and then independent studio time to help accommodate students in various time zones.
- In the evenings & weekends, students participate in creative workshops and experience the local Baltimore artist community.
- All classes will be held via Zoom
- All coursework, assignments, schedules, and details of the class will be on Canvas, our Learning Management System
- MICA will provide access to our admissions team and scholarship opportunities.
- MICA will provide valuable co and extra-curricular experiences that are educationally enriching and build community and connection among program students.
We welcome international Pre-College students!
We’re excited to have you on campus, and introduce you to Baltimore, Maryland, virtually. We anticipate a fun and exciting program, filled with culture, community, and exploration as we help you to build your portfolio and prepare you for what it’s like to attend and study at an art & design school.
If you have any questions regarding language proficiency test scores, temporary health insurance, or next steps, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (410) 225-2219.
Summer 2020 Program Dates:
- 5-Week Program (combine the two sessions below): earn 3 credits [Dates: June 20 - July 25, 2020]
- 3-Week Session: earn 2 credits [Dates: July 5 - July 25, 2020]
- 2-Week Session: earn 1 credit [Dates: June 20 - July 4, 2020]