MICA is committed to helping MPS students understand the financial aid process and how to best pay for their degree. Please visit the MICA Financial Aid page, email email@example.com, or call (410)225-2285 to learn more, or see these resources for how to fund your education:
- Federal Student Aid for graduate students - Available to US citizens or eligible non-citizens. Students considering applying for federal student loans must complete the FAFSA application at studentaid.gov and enter MICA school code G20800
- Private Student Loan - Private loan fees and interest rates vary among lenders. All lenders will review the borrower's credit history to determine borrower’s eligibility.
- Private scholarships - Use a resource like Scholarships.com, Fast Web’s Scholarship Search, International student scholarships, Graduate scholarships to identify scholarship opportunities for which you may be eligible.
- Veterans Affairs benefits - Students who have served in the military, are dependents of a disabled/deceased veteran, or are currently on active duty, may qualify for educational benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Click here to learn more.
- MD residents should take advantage of any MD state grant/scholarships they might qualify for. Please visit MDCAPS for more information. Non-MD residents should check for grant/scholarships available through their state governments.
- Payment Plan - The Tuition Payment Plan allows you to pay all or part of your academic year educational expenses in monthly installments.
- Employer Tuition Assistance - Search your employee benefits guide and HR website for any mention of tuition assistance/reimbursement or professional development funding, etc.
Even if tuition assistance is not an advertised benefit, ASK! Ask the HR department, or if they do not have one, ask your supervisor. See this resource to help you make a strong business case for why your company should invest in your education.
Additional Resources and Tools:
Once the FAFSA and your financial aid officer have indicated how much financial aid you are eligible for, use these free online resources to help you see:
Financial Wellbeing Resources During and After Grad School:
- iGrad Financial Wellness Platform - Take advantage of iGRAD, a financial literacy platform available to MICA students for FREE!
- Inceptia - MICA has also partnered with Inceptia, a division of National Student Loan Program (NSLP), to provide you with FREE assistance on your Federal student loan obligations to ensure successful and comfortable loan repayment.