Updated March 20, 2020
Please note the following information below as hours of operation may change.
Student Health Center
The Student Health Center is currently scheduled to be open half days in the mornings from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Student are requested to contact Student Health at (410) 225-4118 or email@example.com where clinical staff will be available to address any concerns including, but not limited to, medication management, supportive health care, and any acute issues needing medical attention.
- The Meyerhoff Dining Room will continue to have regular hours of operation through brunch (10:00 a.m. - noon) on Saturday, March 21.
- Glace Grill is open through 9:00 p.m., March 20.
- Cafe Doris is open until 8:00 p.m. on March 20, and will be open from next week, March 23 - 27 from 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Java Corner and Nancy in the Fred Lazarus Center are closed.
Decker Library is closed. You can find additional information on the library's Current Operations Information page.
Postal & Print
Both as a safety precaution and as a result of a reduced presence of students on campus, there are currently a very limited number of employees at Postal & Print. With that in mind, Postal & Print has reduced the hours of operation by an hour, to 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., with “open-door” customer service hours from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Wednesdays only. Limiting open-door service operations allows Postal & Print's limited staff to receive, log, and sort mail and packages without interruption. It also gives staff time to sanitize surfaces regularly, for both our customer and staff’s safety.
Staff, faculty, and neighborhood customers are asked to make arrangements to ship personal packages through your local post office, so that Postal & Print may prioritize MICA business mail needs. Postal & Print will hold staff and faculty mail and packages, and request that personal packages be redirected to their residences.
As a result of most of MICA’s staff working remotely, Postal & Print will no longer be making deliveries to the majority of campus and will hold mail indefinitely. Faculty and staff who must pick up/drop off MICA mail and packages while on campus should visiting during our open-door hours listed above. Postal & Print cannot ship personal packages at this time.
If you have an emergency issue, please call us at 410-225-2202 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to work out arrangements.
Forwarding Departmental Business Mail (Recommended)
- Postal & Print has made arrangements with a few departments who need to process crucial mail at home. The office cannot forward departmental mail to everyone, so staff and faculty are asked to determine if this is appropriate for their department. If it is, please designate one recipient per department and email email@example.com with the designee’s department and home address, and they will accommodate your mailing needs by forwarding mail once per week. Postal & Print will charge the department account for these shipments.
- Staff have expressed concerns about getting invoices in the mail to be paid on time. Postal & Print asks staff to reach out to your vendors for electronic invoices when possible. This option is also a more convenient means for paying supplier invoices in Workday.
MICA Students Living on Campus
- Residence halls are now open for mail and package deliveries. On March 21st, 2020, mail and package deliveries to residence halls will be directed to another campus location TBD. All previously-delivered packages will be moved from Residence halls to that location for the remainder of the break.
- To forward future mail and packages, please visit your local post office and fill out a change of address form, or visit the USPS website.
- If you are unable to move out in March, we are working with Residence Life (3/15/20) on a solution for you to get your packages Please check back here for updates.
- PLEASE SUSPEND OR REDIRECT YOUR FRESH FOOD ORDERS/SUBSCRIPTIONS! MICA Postal and Print cannot store fresh food.
MICA Students Living Off Campus
- Please arrange for all future packages to be sent to your home address or off-campus address. Postal and
- Print will be reducing its customer window hours and perhaps some of its package receiving services.
Any updates will be made on the Postal and Print website.
Evening Safety Shuttle services will be operational each night until one hour after building closures. Circulator shuttles will run on time. Social and Shopping shuttles will be suspended until future notice.