Housing Applications Available: The housing application can be found by clicking here. When the application is complete, you will see a confirmation number that begins with the letter C. Write down your confirmation number for your records. If you do not receive a confirmation number after completion, please contact the Office of Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications are due by 4pm on March 15th. (NOTE: The application will time out after 15 minutes. Please complete the housing application within 15 minutes.)
Housing Info Night: Friday, February 22, 2019 at 4 p.m. in Falvey Hall. A fun-filled event with great prizes and useful information about how the assignment process works. Grand Prize is a chance to skip the housing assignment process for you and your apartment mates! All First Year Experience students must attend this event. This will be your chance to get your questions answered about housing for the upcoming school year.
- Contract Release Requests: Contract Release Request will be available for rising sophomore students to pick up from the Office of Residence Life on February 11, 2019. The office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. We are located on the second floor of Latrobe Hall within Founders Green.
- Contract Release Request must be returned to the Office of Residence Life by Friday,March 15 by 4 p.m. Housing agreements are for the academic year. Students should submit contract release requests for the following year unless there are extenuating circumstances when needed.
Roommate Matching Night: Friday, March 8, 6pm in Abox (Leake Hall). Having trouble filling an apartment or looking for a group of apartment mates? A fun mix and mingle event to help you meet potential apartment mates.
- Requests for Special Accommodations Due Friday, March 15, 2019 by 4 p.m. to the Learning Resource Center (L.R.C.). If you are a returning student with medical accommodations please email email@example.com letting the L.R.C. know your housing needs.
Housing Applications Due Date: Friday, March 15, 2019 by 4 p.m. Every student who wants a bedroom must fill out the application. When the application is complete you will see a confirmation number that begins with the letter C. Write down this number for your records. If you do not receive a confirmation number after completion, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admit Tickets Available on the Portal The week of March 18. Students must print out their individual admit tickets and bring the admit ticket with you to housing sign up. The Office of Residence Life will email all students that have applied to housing letting you know when the admit tickets are available. Admit tickets may not be available until the end of the week.
- Housing Selection for two and three person apartments: Friday, March 29, 2019, 4:00-6 p.m. in Falvey Hall.
- Housing Selection for four and five person apartments: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 2:30 -4 p.m. in Falvey Hall.
- Withdraw from housing: (Only available to rising juniors and seniors) Friday, April 12, 2019 by 4 p.m. is the last day to withdraw from housing after our housing sign up process to avoid a housing cancellation fee of $1,000. After this date, your MICA student account will be charged the full amount for housing and will not be removed. To withdraw from housing, please email email@example.com. Only rising juniors and seniors are eligible to withdraw from housing. Rising sophomore students are required to live on campus. Housing contracts are for the full academic year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We recommend that all students attend, however you may designate another student to represent you if they present your admit ticket. Once all housing applications have been collected we will generate a random admit ticket number for each student. Lower numbers will pick first.
Housing Sign Up Process
Once all applications have been collected we will generate a random admit ticket number for each student. Lower numbers will pick first.
- Every returning student that wants a bedroom must fill out a housing application online to be eligible for our housing sign up process. Rising sophomores are required to complete a housing application.
- Once you have completed your housing application you will receive a confirmation number that begins with the letter C. Please write down your confirmation number for your records.
- Most apartments available in Leake Hall are reserved for upperclassmen and will be available during our housing sign up process. All other Leake Hall apartments will be taken offline and reserved for incoming new students. Spaces in The Gateway and Meyerhoff House will be available for sign up.
- Admit tickets will be available on the student portal the week of spring break. You must print out your admit ticket and bring the admit ticket with you to the housing sign up. You must present your admit ticket to get into the housing sign up session. We will not accept admit tickets from your cell phone. The admit ticket must be printed. The Office of Residence Life will email students when the admit tickets are available. Admit tickets may not be available until the end of the week.
- Housing sign up is a group process. Unless you and your group members fill an entire apartment, we will be unable to assign you to that apartment.
- At least one member of each apartment or a representative must be present at the housing sign up session. Each individual's admit ticket is needed in order to participate and sign them up.
- Each member of the group will be given a random admit ticket number. The lowest number within your group will be the number your group will use to determine your priority order. When your number is called, you will select an apartment for your entire group to fill. If the apartment your group wants is already taken, you will have the option of choosing a different apartment. Please be prepared with several apartment options in the event that your first and second choices are not available.
- Your entire group is encouraged to attend our housing sign up process. If your apartment choices become limited during selection, you may need to make last minute group decisions about where you live. If there is not an apartment that fits your group's criteria (i.e.: A four person apartment is no longer available) the group may need to decide who volunteers to opt out of the group or break up the group into multiple apartments.
- Rising seniors will be the first group to select, followed by rising juniors at the beginning of each session. Next, rising sophomores will select their spaces. Each class will be assigned a certain set of random numbers. (Rising seniors are randomly assigned numbers 1-999, rising Juniors are randomly assigned 1000-1999, rising sophomores are assigned 2000-2999.)