Former students say that the environment isn't just a community, but an interactive family of friends, and Founders Green is a place where students develop meaningful friendships that last a lifetime.
Home to more than 500 students, it is less than a five-minute walk from the Main Building. Founders Green consists of the following buildings Latrobe, Spear Hall, Carter Hall, Glace Hall and Leake Hall.
The Founders Green staff works along with student leaders on the MICA campus to provide a dynamic living and learning community of artists. Programs and educational opportunities provide a myriad of experiences for a complete education — from teaching life skills to broadening the minds of students on social issues, to providing a complement to the new student experience. Students will find that living on campus is enriching for their overall learning experience at MICA. Our staff provides a safe and inclusive environment where learning, creating and growing are things that happen inside our community of amazing resident artists. Staffing for the complex includes two live-in residential coordinators, one graduate assistant for residence life, 14 residential advisors, the 24-hour front desk, and the Office of Residence Life and Off-Campus Housing.
View Founders Green Floor Plans
In every apartment:
- Extra long twin beds
- Wardrobe with drawers
- Homasote boards on the walls
- Couch and end tables
- Kitchen table and chairs
- Window blinds
- Stove, oven, and refrigerator
- A main entrance in Latrobe Hall that includes a 24-hour Desk staffed by Campus Safety Officers and Desk Assistants
- Glace Grill for evening and late-night dining
- A vending room that takes cash or MICARDs
- Study lounges and social lounges furnished with tables, seating and TVs
- Gallery space
- Studio space
- Small programming space for events