Everyone must do their part to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the influenza (flu), and other infectious diseases, understanding that while the aim is to reduce harm, we cannot eliminate the risk altogether. Each of us is ultimately responsible for holding ourselves personally accountable to comply with the Social Agreement. Individuals who repeatedly or significantly violate the terms of this Social Agreement may be subject to disciplinary action by the College.
All members of the campus community are asked to make the following commitments:
- Agree to follow public health guidance and College policy regarding vaccinations, personal hygiene, and other directions. This includes any temporary measures regarding masking, dining, gatherings, quarantine and isolation, or similar that may be put in place during times of increased community transmission.
- Actively monitor my personal health, and not physically attend class, access campus facilities, or attend campus functions if I feel unwell, or am experiencing symptoms such as a fever of 100.4 or above, trouble breathing, shortness of breath, cough, loss of smell or taste, or fatigue.
- Follow the guidance of Student Health Services, my Primary Care Physician, and/or other qualified medical professionals should I test positive for COVID-19, exhibit symptoms of such an illness, or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
In such a situation I will:
- Notify Student Health Services (students) or People, Belonging & Culture (PB&C) and my supervisor (employees) immediately.
- Complete immediately a contact tracing form, if instructed to do so, and comply with all related requests.
- Return to active use of the physical campus only after I am cleared by a medical professional.
- Submit to testing as required by Student Health Services (students) or my Primary Care Provider (employees), regardless of whether or not I am exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow the guidance of Student Health Services, my Primary Care Physician, and/or other qualified medical professionals should I test positive for influenza (flu) or any other infectious disease.