According to U.S. Department of State regulations, the purpose of the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchanges.
If you are interested in applying to become J-1 Scholar or Professor at MICA, please contact the appropriate academic program.
In order for the request to be processed, the following documents must be submitted to International Education by the academic program a minimum of four months before the intended start date (email@example.com).
- Completed J-1 Exchange Visitor Request Form
- A copy of the exchange visitor’s passport and the passports of all dependents
- Evidence of the exchange visitor’s English language proficiency
- Documentation of the exchange visitor’s funding – must be equal or greater to minimum living expense estimate
- Original letter on letterhead of invitation from MICA to Exchange Visitor. (Teaching contracts are managed by the Provost’s Office.)
- A copy of the exchange visitor’s current curriculum vitae.