• All F-1 students are eligible to work on campus.

  • You may begin working on campus immediately after arriving at MICA; you do not need to obtain special permission from the Office of International Education

  • Do not work more than 20 hours per week while classes are in session. 

  • F-1 students are not eligible for work-study position; only domestic student receiving federal funding may apply for work-study positions.

Finding Jobs

  • iLEAD: Leadership positions on-campus; may be paid or unpaid positions. Please see the iLEAD page for info sessions and the next application deadline.

  • Review Student Position Openings on MICA's Careers page.

  • MICA Offices: Contact individual offices to inquire about any open positions they may have for students.

  • MICA Academic Offices: Contact your or other academic program about any open positions such as teaching assistants, studio assistants, etc.


  • You may work over 20 hours per week during authorized breaks. Authorized breaks are Winter Break and Summer Break only.
  • Fall Break and Spring Break are NOT authorized breaks and you are only allowed to work 20 hours per work.