The Student Space Gallery (SSG) program is curated by a committee of MICA undergraduate jurors who work as a team to provide undergraduate students with an opportunity to exhibit their artwork on campus. The Student Space Gallery Jury selection process is highly competitive and focuses on having broad representation from the different disciplines at MICA.
Summary of Essential Functions
- Anonymously review all Student Space Gallery applications for Spring and Fall exhibitions.
- Work collaboratively with other jurors to select artists for each exhibition cycle.
- Must be currently enrolled MICA undergraduate student.
- Successful applicants must be able to:
- Critically evaluate a diverse body of artwork
- Have a general knowledge of exhibition installation practices
- Remain open-minded and able to effectively collaborate with their Jury team
- Experience working in a small group.
Conditions of Employment
- Attend SSG Jury Training (typically in mid-September)
- Attend Spring Exhibition Selection Meeting (typically the first Saturday in October)
- Attend Fall Exhibition Selection Meeting (typically the first Saturday in April)
- Jury members are not permitted to submit artwork of their own for consideration.
- Jury members will remain anonymous from the general MICA public. All questions and feedback to artists will be delivered through the Student Space Gallery Manager.
This position is voluntary, but offers valuable professional development for participants. Additionally, meals (breakfast and lunch) are provided during SSG Selection Meetings.
Application Timeline & Details
- Click here to apply.
- Applications close April 1, 2021.
- For more information, please contact the Student Space Gallery Manager at email@example.com.
- Please note: This position is contingent on the college’s reopening plan for fall 2021, the 2021-2022 fiscal budget, and the college’s need for student employees physically on campus.