The Gateway Residence Hall marks the entrance to MICA's campus and the nearby Station North Arts & Entertainment District. In addition to being a residence hall, the Gateway also houses studio spaces, student space galleries, BBOX, and the Joseph Meyerhoff Center for Career Development.
Gateway houses 215 upper-class students in 65 different apartments. All apartments are either three- or four-bedroom, complete with kitchen, living area, and bathroom. All bedrooms are one person.
In every apartment:
- A full kitchen complete with an apartment sized refrigerator, oven, range top, sink, and cabinetry as well as a built in spot for a microwave should students bring one
- Lofted extra-long twin beds complete with a built in wardrobe as well as a folding desktop than can be lifted out of the way when not in use
- A designated homosote wall in each living room and bedroom
- Kitchen table and chairs
- A three person couch and matching single seat
- In addition to the above, possibly the most intriguing aspect of the apartments is the views provided from the 360 degree circle of the building
Additional Gateway Amenities:
- 24-hour Service Desk staffed by Campus Safety Officers and Desk Assistants
- Laundry Room
- Gallery space
- BBOX Performance Space
- Studio space
- Rett's Courtyard