SPRING 2021 INFORMATION BELOW:
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic the College is taking measures to honor physical distancing practices. For the 2020-2021 academic year all bedrooms within an apartment will be single (1-person) occupancy, regardless of whether or not that bedroom space is designed for multiple people. In other words, traditional double bedrooms will be used as singles. This will ensure that every resident has their own, self-contained bed space within a multiple person apartment.
The single room rate listed below will be charged universally for all students who reside on campus. The residence hall single rate for the Spring 2021 semester is:
We realize that for some students the decision to live in a double room is for financial reasons, and for others it is personal. For any student that requires the double room price point, please complete this form by December 14, 2020. A counselor from the Financial Aid Office will contact you after reviewing your request.
For your reference, the residence hall double rate for the entire 2020 – 2021 academic year (both fall and spring semesters combined) before double rooms were adjusted to single occupancy was:
Double: $10,710 ($5,310.00 per semester)
AY 2021-2022 INFORMATION BELOW:
- Single for the Academic Year : $12,420.00
- Single per semester: $6,210.00
- Double per semester: $5,600.00
More information about occupancy policies for the upcoming academic year will be updated by mid-March 2021.
Updated Laundry Information:
We are pleased to announce a new laundry model to begin in the Fall of 2021. There are many benefits of this new laundry model, inclusive of the overall cost of laundry being cheaper for the average student. Please read below for more details and frequently asked questions.
Included in the costs of housing, students are provided a set number of laundry loads per semester. A laundry load is equal to 1 wash and 1 dry.
Students will be able to access their laundry account via a mobile app, which will replace the old card reader system that required “flex dollars.” The app will be able to activate machines, add money to your account and keep track of your use. You will also be able to monitor your laundry remotely from your app, seeing when machines are available and when your wash or dry is completed. Overall, the student experience will be streamlined, less expensive, and much easier!
Each semester students will be provided a supply of 45 loads to their account. This averages to 3 loads per week for the duration of the semester. If there are loads remaining at the end of the week, they will carry over to the following week and so on. Unused loads will go away at the end of the semester.
Is laundry free?
- Similar to utilities and wifi, the costs associated with laundry will be included in the overall cost of housing.
How does this save money for students living on campus?
- Laundry prices for fall 2021 were set to automatically rise to $3.50 per load. By enrolling all students who live on campus into this program, the cost for each load is drastically reduced. Those savings are passed on to students reducing the overall cost per load by $2.10 to only $1.40 per load. In 2019, MICA residents averaged 38 loads in a 15 week period, approximately 2.5 loads per week. This model will mirror that trend and provide students with 3 loads per week but at the reduced rate. This equates to a yearly cost savings of $200 for students compared to the previous academic year model!
Can I get more loads of laundry if I run out?
- If you run out of loads, you can add money to your account via the app to cover the cost. However, the cost of those additional loads will not be discounted. Adding money for additional loads outside of the initial 45 loads per semester will result in an increase to $3.50 per load, the cost for laundry under the “coin price” or “flex dollar” model.
Will there be new laundry machines?
- New machines will be installed across campus in the summer of 2021. In addition, students will no longer need to swipe their card at the machines or use quarters to activate machines, although quarters can still be used, but at the higher price. Every aspect will be controlled by the student via a mobile app.
How does the app work?
- The “Fast Queen” mobile app is easy to use and available for download to your mobile device, Ipad or tablet. You will be provided a code exclusively for MICA residents at the start of the semester to begin using the app. Please review this document for instructions.
Where are the laundry rooms located on campus?
- Each residential community has a laundry area outlined below. Residents in Mount Royal Apartments can use the laundry facilities in The Gateway.
Founders Green - Glace Hall 1st floor
The Gateway - 2nd floor
Meyerhoff - 1st floor