Housing Agreement

Housing Exemptions

AY 2021 - 2022 All First Year students are required to live on campus for the full academic year unless exempted (see below). The sophomore on-campus living requirements have been suspended for the AY 21-22 year only. The requirement will resume the following year and all incoming freshmen and sophomores for Academic Year 22-23 will be required to live on campus.


Exemption Process Timeline

  1. The exemption request is located within the Housing Portal. Please submit required documentation with your request. After submitting, you will receive a confirmation email.
  2. Please note that process timelines vary depending on exemption criteria provided.

Exemption Criteria & Documentation 

Exemption Request Type
Documentation Required
Married or Single Parent

Copy of your marriage certificate, your child's birth certificate, or a copy of the most recent tax return showing that your child is a dependent. Please note the spouse or child must reside with the student within a 30 mile driving radius (described in the commuter exemption) in order to qualify for this exemption.

Commuting to Campus from your current permanent address (or family member's permanent address)

Copy of bill listed to your permanent address that you will be commuting from. Please note the address from which you will be commuting from must be within 30 miles of MICA’s address, 1300 W Mount Royal Ave.

Financial Hardship Status  Financial Information Form and meeting with the Office of Financial Aid or the International Education Office.
Financial Hardship Status - Additional Information:
  • Contact the following office to set up a meeting for this topic.
    • Domestic Students: Office of Financial Aid
  • Once the meeting is complete, Financial Aid or International Education will connect with the Housing Operations team.  Housing Operations Team will send the final decision to your MICA email.


For any questions, please contact Housing & Residence Life at residencelife@mica.edu (email) and/or (410) 225-2398 (phone).