Exemption Process Timeline
- The exemption request is located within the Housing Portal. Please submit required documentation with your request. After submitting, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Please note that process timelines vary depending on exemption criteria provided.
Exemption Criteria & Documentation
Exemption Request Type
|Married or Single Parent||
Copy of your marriage certificate, your child's birth certificate, or a copy of the most recent tax return showing that your child is a dependent. Please note the spouse or child must reside with the student within a 30 mile driving radius (described in the commuter exemption) in order to qualify for this exemption.
Commuting to Campus from your current permanent address (or family member's permanent address)
Copy of bill listed to your permanent address that you will be commuting from. Please note the address from which you will be commuting from must be within 30 miles of MICA’s address, 1300 W Mount Royal Ave.
|Financial Hardship Status||Financial Information Form and meeting with the Office of Financial Aid or the International Education Office.|
- Contact the following office to set up a meeting for this topic.
- Domestic Students: Office of Financial Aid
- Email - Finaid@mica.edu
- Office Phone - (410) 225-2285
- International Students: International Education Office
- Email - email@example.com
- Office Phone - 410-225-2243
- Once the meeting is complete, Financial Aid or International Education will connect with the Housing Operations team. Housing Operations Team will send the final decision to your MICA email.
For any questions, please contact Housing & Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org (email) and/or (410) 225-2398 (phone).