How to Request Accommodations
- Complete the online Accommodations Request form.
- Upload Supporting Documentation from your healthcare provider to the online form.
- LRC staff will schedule an Intake Meeting with you to determine reasonable and appropriate accommodations based on impact of disability, previous history of accommodations, and documentation. We will also discuss how to implement potential accommodations.
- Receive a letter outlining approved accommodations and/or next steps.
- Request Faculty Accommodations Notice Letters each semester and discuss implementation with individual faculty, with LRC support as needed.
Important Notes About Accommodations
- Students can register for accommodations at any time during the semester but accommodations are not retroactive. Academic accommodations take effect when the faculty member receives a notice letter. Mid-semester housing accommodations may require a student to be put on a waiting list until an appropriate unit can be made available.
- Documentation must be provided at the time of or prior to Intake Meeting.
- Accommodations are determined based on the interactive process that occurs during the Intake Meeting.
- The intent of accommodations is to provide equal access to learning or housing.