Reporting and Emergency
- Call Campus Safety's 24 hour Emergency Dispatch 443-423-3333 and then call 911;
- Stay calm and be prepared to state the following:
- Your name, location, and phone number;
- Nature of the incident;
- Descriptions of persons and/or property involved.
Before an Emergency
- Sign up for Rave Guardian and MICA Alert at www.getrave.com/login/mica:
- Rave Guardian is a smart phone application that allows users to immediately notify Campus Safety in the event of an emergency.
- MICA Alert is a component of Rave Guardian. MICA Alert includes emergency texts (SMS) and voice messages ONLY during life threatening emergencies.
- Familiarize yourself with emergency procedures, shelters and safe meeting locations, and emergency terms as listed below.
During an Emergency
- Follow instructions given to you by emergency personnel.
- Go to mica.edu for instructions during a campus-wide emergency situation. Up-to-date information will be found on the homepage.
- Check for text or voice notifications from MICA Alert via Rave Guardian.
- Check MICA's social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter) and your MICA email account.
On-Campus Contact Information
|Campus Safety 24-Hour Emergency Dispatch||443-423-3333|
|Campus Safety Office||410-225-2355|
|Student Health Clinic||410-225-4119|
Off-Campus Contact Information
|Police, Fire, Ambulance||911|
|Baltimore City Fire Department||410-778-3434|
|Mayor's Office of Emergency Management||410-396-6188|
|Maryland State Police||410-758-1101|
|Non-emergency Response||311 or 443-263-2220|
|Report crime tips (anonymous)||410-276-8888|