MICA Health and Wellness Center
The MICA Health and Wellness Center is home to the Fitness Center, Student Health Services, Counseling Center, Student Development Specialist, and Health Education Programming. All services, with the exception of the Student Development Specialist, are located at 1501 West Mt. Royal Ave; the Student Development Specialist is housed in Bunting. The Center is led by the Associate Dean for Student Health and Wellness, whose role is to coordinate campus health education programming and support intentional collaboration with departments that address the physical, psychological, emotional, social, and developmental needs of MICA students.
MICA Health and Wellness Mission Statement
The MICA Health and Wellness Center supports the academic mission of the College by fostering the promotion and maintenance of positive health for emerging artists and designers. The Center achieves this goal by offering a robust menu of high quality and culturally sensitive health related services that support student learning, development, and retention.
The goals of the Wellness Center are:
- To create a welcoming environment for students
- To serve as the campus resource for the delivery of health care and health care prevention
- To assist students in their exploration for attaining optimal wellness through awareness, education, and growth
- To empower students to be active partners in their health care and good consumers of health education
- To help students manage physical and/or psychological barriers that impede academic success through appropriate interventions referrals, and follow-up services
This page was last updated on 03/24/2017.