If you are having thoughts of suicide, the urge to hurt yourself or others, or have just been a victim of violence or a sexual assault, please contact Student Counseling or Campus Safety immediately.
Counseling office hours are Monday & Tuesday 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Wednesday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. * We can also be reached at 410-225-2367.
Note: The office generally closes from 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. During closed hours, contact Campus Safety at 443-423-3333.
*Semester Hours. [Summer and Extended Break hours are Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.]
If you are aware of a situation that could result in harm to anyone at MICA please complete a BIT referral form
Crisis Drop-in Hour
If you are in crisis, our counselors are available during our drop-in hour, Monday - Friday from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Counselor On-call Services
Student Counseling offers after hours emergency counseling during the fall and spring semesters. Call Campus Safety at 443-423-3333 and ask to be connected with the Counselor On-Call. If the emergency needs immediate attention, call Campus Safety and/or 911.
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger of hurting him/herself or others, reports feeling severe depression or hearing voices or seeing things that others do not see:
- Dial 911 and request immediate assistance.
- If you or someone you know lives on campus, you may call Campus Safety on its 24 hour emergency line at 443-4230-3333 for further assistance.
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
- ulifeline.org - Text: START to 741-741 or call: 1-800-273-8255
- www.crisistextline.org - Text 741741 from anywhere in the USA to text with a trained Crisis Counselor
Trans Lifeline: The Hotline: US: 877-565-8860
Review MICA's Sexual Assault policy and procedures.
The Sexual Assault Resource document contains local and national resources.
- National Rape Crisis Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673)
- rainn.org - Rape, abuse + incest national network
- www.mcasa.org/ - Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault