Student staff support for the Undergraduate Admission office.
Summary of Essential Functions
- Supports Undergraduate Admission Office through clerical/office work
- Gives UG Admission Campus Tours
- Assists with UG Admission Events
- Typical shift length is 4 hours (for a half day shift) or 7.5 hours (for a whole day shift)
- Leadership positions with increases in salary are available
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Undergraduate Admission office: answers phones and general admission-related inquiries, takes requests and contact information for campus tours and portfolio reviews/meetings, takes messages for counseling staff, sits at front desk/reception to relieve Guest Services Coordinator during breaks and lunch.
- Undergraduate Admission campus tours: learns how to give 60-90 tours of the MICA campus for daily events and special events to prospective students and their families, continuously trains to improve quality and knowledge of MICA’s programs and facilities.
- Undergraduate Admission Events: assists the UG Admission staff in hosting recruitment events by helping with check-in/registration and other event-related duties and tasks.
- Undergraduate Admission Data/Records: helps pack box requests of admission materials for traveling counselors; helps process informational and yield mailings by stuffing and labeling envelopes and matching names and addresses; sorts and alphabetizes loose credentials for applications; creates application folders.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to: multi-task in a busy office setting, learn/memorize tour script/facts
- Positive and outgoing personality
- Eager to represent MICA
- Likes to work with the public
- Enjoys talking to and working with prospective students and families
- Good customer service skills are necessary
- Able to walk for extended periods of time through the MICA campus, including stairs to give campus tours
- Knowledge of: MICA’s programs, facilities and student life; the MICA Undergraduate Admission office and application/admission procedures
- Skills: effective organizational/problem solving skills, strong public speaking skills, professional office demeanor, excellent customer service.
- Current full-time degree-seeking student in good academic standing at MICA
- Academic Level: second semester freshman to second semester senior
- Transfer students welcome after completing one semester of MICA
- Interview is required
Conditions of Employment
Unusual Circumstances related to position: occasional weekend work and evening hours are required for Special Events.
Applications for this position have closed.