Program Assistants are volunteer members of the MICA Program Board (MPB), which is responsible for the planning and implementation of major campus programs (including Halloween Party and Last Blast).
PAs are integral to the creative process of event planning, as well the event production. PAs serve on one of four committees, and provide ideas and feedback during the planning process. They also provide staffing support for events, including event prep (making decorations, helping with marketing, etc.) and production (set-up, running the event, and tear-down).
Being a Program Assistant is a great way to join the MICA Program Board without the full commitment of being a Program Manager. While the PA position is unpaid, this role provides a meaningful opportunity to get involved and make an impact at MICA.
No event experience necessary! All current MICA students are eligible to be part of the Program Board. We are looking for students who will be dedicated to serving the MICA community through fun and engaging programming efforts. We seek out good organizational and communication skills, a strong work-ethic, and positive energy.
The average time commitment for PAs is ~15-20 hours per semester. This position offers a great deal of flexibility, and we encourage the level of involvement that best suits your own needs and capacity.
In general, Program Assistants are expected to:
- Attend bi-weekly Program Board & Committee meetings (every other Wednesday from 2:15PM – 3:45PM)
- Attend two Halloween Party build workshops (fall semester)
- Provide staffing support at two events per semester
- MICA Program Board t-shirt and access to other cool swag
- Deepen your involvement at MICA and your connections with peers and staff
- Have a direct say in the kinds of events that are hosted on campus
- Develop your leadership and professional skills
- Be part of an awesome team (who may just become your lifelong friends!)
- Applications will open in the Spring semester. Check back soon for more information!