Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
This position reports to the Pre-College Program Coordinator and the Director of Youth Programs in Open Studies. This position assists and encourages Pre-College students in developing a livable inclusive and responsible community by supporting the Pre-College Pro Staff. Residential Assistants are expected to live in residency on campus beginning one week before students arrive and throughout the duration of the program. Meals will be provided when on shift.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the successful implementation of the Pre-College program. The variety of tasks associated with this position involve administrative, clerical, physical, organizational and leadership skills
- Work with the Pro Staff to ensure a safe and positive residential experience for Pre-College participants
- Model, implement and enforce Pre-College program policies, rules, and regulations
- Work with the Pro Staff to plan, implement, and participate in social, cultural, and artistic programming that address student interests and needs. These events may take place in the evenings or on weekends.
- Develop, maintain and model healthy interpersonal relationships with all staff and students.
- Facilitate and encourage students to develop and maintain healthy interpersonal relationships, providing support and guidance as needed.
- Act as an ambassador for the program when appropriate
- Maintain an open line of communication with Pre-College Pro Staff
- Provide support, interventions, and referrals when appropriate for individual student needs
- Assist with all student move-in, and move-out activities, including welcoming families, assisting with moving items, helping to clean rooms, and answering any questions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Background check, finger printing
- Required to live on campus for duration of the program
- Available evenings and weekends
- In good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Familiarity with campus resources
- In good conduct standing with the college
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality, as well as excellent and mature judgement
- Consistently be able to implement program policies and regulations while serving as a role model of appropriate behavior
- Has previous experience with or interest in working with youth
- $12 per hour (avg 25-40hrs per week, typically evenings and weekends)
- Housing provided
- Meals while on shift
January 15, 2020 (interviews to follow in late January)
June 15 - July 26, 2020