This role are student staff members who work closely with the Area Director and will have the responsibility of the assisting with the management and operation of Founders Green, Meyerhoff, and Gateway front desks.
Summary of Essential Functions
To assist with the supervision, recruitment, selection, training, and evaluation of the Desk Assistants
To create and maintain schedules of Desk Assistants
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work a minimum of 2 desk shifts per week as a Desk Assistant
- Work up to 4 additional hours each week on other administrative duties as a Desk Coordinator - including a bi-weekly meeting with their supervisor.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, training and supervision of DAs.
- Create and maintain temporary and permanent schedules, desk files, instructions and manuals; contact DAs to fill shifts, and resolve scheduling conflicts, as well as other administrative tasks.
- Provide needed emergency coverage for the desk if available.
- Keep track of supply needs at the desks.
- Meet and be in constant communication with the Residence Life professional staff
- Organize and prepare materials for DA staff meetings.
- Evaluate the performance of Desk Assistants and implement performance improvement plans as necessary
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the on campus experience at MICA
- Leadership, communication, problem solving and organization skills are needed for this position
- Ability to assist with hire and training processes
- Must be a current student at MICA
- Must have prior leadership experience
- Familiarity with Google Suite tools
- To have desk assistant experience prior to this role
- To have prior leadership experience
Conditions of Employment
- Satisfactory Background Check
- Unusual Circumstances related to position include work on the weekend and after regular business hours
Applications for this position have closed.