To support remote and online modes of instruction, Fabrication Studios is offering Remote Production Services (RPS) for certain mode of output. Student projects are submitted, produced, and available for contactless pick-up on campus or to be shipped to their address. Specific questions about this service can be found in our FAQ.
It is strongly advised that students work ahead and plan to use these services early in the semester, as we can not guarantee a precise turnaround time.
WHO can use this service?
- Any current MICA student with the relevant prerequisites can use this service.
HOW does it work?
1. The student creates a file.
If you are Laser cutting, be sure to use the correct file template:
2. The student then reviews the file with their instructor.
3. The student then submits the file via the appropriate submission form:
|Dolphin Design Center Fabrication||Laser Cutting and 3D Printing||Dolphin Submission LINK|
4. A short video consultation with the Studio Manager who will be processing the job may be requested through the form to discuss material specific questions, or concerns specific to the submitted file.
5. The file is printed by the Fabrication Studio
6. Students will pick up their project using curbside pickup or fill out the appropriate information in the submission form to have it shipped to themselves or their faculty. (Shipping charges are the responsibility of the student or the respective academic department with prior arrangement)
WHAT does it COST?
Students are responsible for the following costs unless the material they use is provided by the class or academic department.
|RISOgrah Printing||Cost of Printing materials (ink, masters, and paper)|
Cost of materials, unless the student uses the limited supply of FREE prototyping materials (cardboard, 3mm birch plywood or chipboard)