As the Title IX Team, it is our ultimate goal to provide a safe campus for all members of the community. Our role is to ensure that all cases of sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, and gender-based violence are handled appropriately. More importantly, we want community members to feel safe and supported. It is our responsibility to ensure that MICA is in compliance with Title IX as well as other federal and state laws and regulations including the Jeanne Clery Act, the Violence Against Women's Act (VAWA), and the Campus SaVE Act.
- Grievance procedures for resolving Title IX complaints
- Assessing, responding to, and investigating complaints of sexual misconduct or harassment
- Facilitating a campus climate survey
- Providing training for the campus community around compliance, policy, and safety
- Facilitate campus awareness campaigns and programs
MICA has launched an online tool to securely file equity-related complaints for use by faculty, staff, and students. This tool is a direct response to the community’s request for more accessible and transparent processes for addressing potential violations of MICA's anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us. We can provide access to resources, answer questions, and help you find the information you need. Please join us in our commitment to provide an environment that is free from sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, and gender-based violence.