Under Operational Mode 4, indoor masking is required at all times except for designated eating and drinking areas. For public health and safety, we are delineating between indoor and outdoor dining and the protocols for each are defined below.
- Is available to students, staff, faculty, and essential visitors.
- Is permissible in any outdoor space within MICA’s physical campus.
- Outdoor seating is available in multiple locations such as the exterior of Bunting, Station, and additional locations.
- MICA has two tents available for MICA community use: the Cohen Plaza tent and the Lazarus West Lot tent. Physical distancing and masking are not required while eating outdoors.
- The Cohen Plaza and Lazarus West Lot tents are for dining and unmasking breaks only and should not be used to host meetings or other planned activities. Seating is on a first come, first served basis.
Masks must be worn upon entry to all indoor dining areas . Unmask only to eat and drink. Promptly replace your mask when finished eating.
MICA Buildings & Office Spaces
Lower Level Brown Center
- Indoor seating for eating and drinking breaks is available to students, staff, faculty and essential visitors outside of Falvey Hall on the lower level in Brown Center . The capacity is 25 and is on a first come, first served basis. Falvey Hall is not available for use. Tables and chairs shall remain as set up and individuals are responsible for disposing of their trash responsibly and doing their part in keeping the area usable for our community.
- Offices and conference rooms can be used as designated eating and drinking areas if an individual is alone in the space.
Designated MICA Food Service Spaces
Meyerhoff Dining Room
- Students, staff, faculty and essential visitors. Meal plan swipes, flex, cash and credit card payment are accepted.
- Carry-out is available with containers and cups available for pick-up at entry.
- Self-serve is permissible at self-service stations.
- Hand sanitizing before self-service and eating is recommended. Sanitizer will be located throughout the dining area.
- Self-service utensils will be rotated and cleaned every 15-20 minutes.
- Outdoor patio dining is open and will be designated with appropriate signage.
Cafe Doris and Java Corner
- Open to students, staff, faculty and essential visitors only.
- In person ordering for pickup for Cafe Doris is available. Online ordering for Cafe Doris is available via the Get app.
- In person ordering for pickup is available for Java Corner.
- No indoor seating is available at either location.
- Seating is available outdoors under the Cohen Plaza tent.
- Open to students only.
- In person ordering and pickup available.
- Limited indoor seating (capacity of 20) is designated and available.
- Outdoor seating is available on the plazas at the front entrance and back patio.
- Open to students, staff, faculty and essential visitors for ordering inside and for curbside pickup.
- Tent on Lazarus West parking lot available for seating for students, faculty, staff and essential visitors.
- Outdoor tables on plaza directly outside Nancy are available.
- Members of the public may order through curbside pickup but may not enter the Lazarus Center. Members of the public may sit at outdoor tables on plaza directly outside Nancy.