- Threatening or causing physical harm, extreme verbal abuse, or other conduct that threatens or endangers the health or safety of any person on the basis of the individual's actual or perceived membership in a protected class
- Discrimination or harassment, defined as actions that deprive other members of the community of educational or employment access, benefits or opportunities on the basis of their actual or perceived membership in a protected class
- Intimidation, defined as implied or overt threats or acts that cause an unreasonable fear of harm in another on the basis of actual or perceived membership in a protected class
- Hazing, defined as acts likely to cause physical or psychological harm or social ostracism to any person within the MICA community that are related to the admission, initiation, pledging, joining, or any other group-affiliation activity (as defined further in the hazing policy) on the basis of actual or perceived membership in a protected class; hazing is also illegal under Maryland law and prohibited by the College
- Bullying, defined as repeated and/or severe aggressive behavior likely to intimidate or intentionally hurt, control, or diminish another person, physically or mentally, on the basis of actual or perceived membership in a protected class
- Violence between those in an intimate relationship to each other (this includes romantic relationships, dating, domestic and/or relationship violence)
- Stalking, defined as any malicious course of conduct that includes approaching or pursuing another where the person intends to place or knows or reasonably should have known the conduct would place another in reasonable fear of serious bodily injury, assault, sexual violence, or other traumatic event.
- Any other MICA rules, when a violation is motivated by the actual or perceived membership of the victim in a protected class may be pursued using this policy and process.
Sanctions for the above-listed "Other Civil Rights Behaviors" behaviors range from reprimand up through and including expulsion (students) or termination of employment.