See also: MICA and COVID-19 - MICA's latest set of campus actions, policies, and advice in response to the COVID-19 Global Pandemic.
Update: Decker Library will be closed December 18 through January 19
Update posted October 12, 2020.
Decker Library will be closed from Friday, December 18th, at 4:30pm through Tuesday, January 19, at 8:30am. Due to furloughs, library staff will be unable to check emails or voicemail messages during this time.
If you require Research Instruction, purchasing, Scanning from the Collection (DocDel), Interlibrary Loan, or anything else for the first three weeks of Spring '21 semester, you must send your requests by December 4th.
Information for the Fall 2020 Semester
Keeping people from congregating will slow down the spread of COVID-19 and make it easier for the medical community to keep up with cases. The library will engage in the following practices for Fall Semester AY21 (we are currently in Phase 3 of our Full Plan, beginning on page 12):
What is not happening?
- Book checkout to students.
- In-person Research Instruction and Research Help.
- Cash transactions.
What is happening? Virtual Services:
- Electronic resources subscribed to and by Decker Library, including electronic journals, ebooks, and more. All ebooks and most articles can be found directly through out Catalog. For all available articles, take a look at our list of databases.
- Electronic Interlibrary Loan (assuming other Libraries have access).
- Research Help through email, phone, video chat (Zoom or Google Hangouts).
- Purchasing non-physical material (Kanopy and other databases, services).
- Scanning of Library-owned materials for students and faculty, otherwise known as Document Delivery.
- Research Instruction via Zoom.
What is happening for Faculty only:
- Contactless pick up of circulating materials (books, Film and Video Collection items), by appointment only.
- Requests are done directly through our Library Catalog. Take a look at this video tutorial, breaking this service down step-by-step.
- Pick up location is inside Bunting Center.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to us.
For research help, contact the Decker Librarians:
For everything else, including information about Holds, borrowing, your account, and more, contact Access Services: