This 5-part series created by MICA Organizers & Activists walks you through every step of the voting process with resources linked in each video description.
1. How to Get Civically Engaged
Take the census
MICA’s Community Art & Service Program
MICA’s Center for Creative Citizenship
MICA Organizers & Activists
2. How to Register to Vote
Get registered to vote
Voter eligibility rules by state
How to check your registration status
Check for common errors in your registration form:
- make sure you mark that you at least 18 years old and a U.S. citizen.
- your signature is clear, matches your ID, and stays within the box.
- you write the correct dates. Don’t mix up your birth date and today’s date.
- you include hyphens and special characters as they are listed on your ID.
- your residential address is the address where you want to register to vote (not necessarily the same as the address you want mail delivered to)
- your mailing address is where you want mail delivered to (not necessarily just the same address for where you are registering)