Governor Hogan issued a “Stay at Home” order this morning that will take effect tonight at 8:00 pm. Below is a summary of how it will impact the MICA campus.
- Food Service: As of 5:00 pm this evening, March 30, Café Doris will close. All food service locations on campus have now been closed.
- Shuttles: There will be a shuttle service for the students remaining on campus in the Gateway to grocery stores and pharmacies only, which are permitted under the Governor’s order. These shuttles will make several runs per day, two days per week.
To maintain social distancing on the shuttles, only five students will be allowed to ride on each run of the shuttle. A sign-up sheet with multiple time slots will be available at the guard desk in the Gateway listing the times that each shuttle will run. Specific dates and times are being worked out now and will be communicated directly with the students involved through Residence Life.
- Postal & Print Services: Postal & Print Services will continue operations as an essential service to send and receive MICA related business mail and packages. Departmental mail is available for pickup on Wednesdays from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm only, or by forwarding to a designated staff member of each department.
We want to keep foot traffic into Postal Ops at an absolute minimum so we strongly recommend that each department have their mail forwarded to a designated representative rather than have someone come to campus to pick it up. Thank you for your assistance. Contact Postal & Print Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-225-2202 to give us your department’s representative name and address for forwarding. Please have all personal packages sent directly to your home address.
- MICA Store: The MICA Store remains closed, and is not able to provide deliveries or curb-side pickups for any materials or other store inventory.
- Servicing of Buildings: Facilities Management will continue to provide support services to the two buildings that will continue to be open. These are the Campus Safety office and the Student Health Center in 1501 Mt. Royal, and Gateway where a small number of students are residing.
- Servicing Equipment: Shop equipment can still be accessed for servicing by MICA studio technicians Monday through Friday from 9 am – 3 pm. They should contact Campus Safety and an officer will provide access.
Thanks very much for your understanding. If you have any questions, please respond to this email which is monitored regularly.
- Doug Mann