The Student Activities staff and Orientation Leaders are excited to welcome you to campus for Spring Orientation 2017! This year, the program will take place from Friday, January 13- January 16, 2017. You will want to arrive and unpack in time to attend the Orientation Welcome on Friday, January 13 by 4 pm. Classes will begin on Tuesday, January 17.
"What will I be doing during Orientation," you ask? We have planned an exciting and informative three days, designed to help you:
- Meet other new and returning MICA students
- Get your class schedule
- Learn your way around the MICA campus
- Get your MICA ID (referred to as a MICARD)
- Learn about resources and how to get involved on campus (and in Baltimore!)
- Have fun!
Here is a link to the Schedule-at-a-Glance. Schedule is subject to change.
New and transfer students always find orientation to be very helpful and a lot of fun! It will make your transition to college life much easier, so whether you'll be living on campus or commuting, you should plan to be at MICA for the entire three days of Orientation. We will also be hosting a session for your parents and families on January 15, so be sure to let them know!
To help you get started, we've compiled a short to-do list of important action items that will help in your transition to MICA:
- If you are transferring, you want to try to get all of your transfer credits evaluated before you arrive at the College through the Office of Admission.
- If applicable, request disability support services and accommodations for the Writing Assessment through the Learning Resource Center at 410-225-2416 or via email at email@example.com.
- Register for emergency text messaging via MICA Alert and Rave Guardian, a free safety feature provided by MICA.
- Explore MyMICA, which is where you will receive news as well as access your own information such as class schedules and tuition bills. Remember, class schedules are NOT final - you will receive a current schedule at Orientation.
- Submit your photo for your MICARD! Here are the instructions: MICARD Guidelines and Instructions
- Register for a MICA Parking Pass.
- Check out the Student Activities Office website to learn about events, involvement, and leadership opportunities at MICA.
- Learn about on and off-campus living resources on the Office of Residence Life website.
- Purchase your Art Safety Bag at the College Store or online at store.mica.edu. The bags are a required supply for all freshman and transfers taking foundation level classes. Please contact Environmental Health & Safety at 443-827-2691
- For more information on resources, you can CLICK HERE to download the 2016-2017 Resource Directory
Here are some important dates and deadlines to keep in mind:
|January 11, 2017||Deadline to submit your Health History Form and Meningitis Form|
|January 13 - January 16, 2017||Spring Orientation|
|January 15, 2017||Last day for new students to waive MICA health insurance|
|January 17, 2017||Classes begin|
|January 20, 2017||Last day to lower your meal plan for the Spring Semester|
|January 31, 2017||Spring 2017 tuition payment due|
If you have any questions call the Student Activities Office at 410-225-2284 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you in January!
This page was last updated on 01/13/2017.