Students, staff & faculty can login to access personalized content.

Parent & Guardian Access is located here.

Forgot your password?

F-1 Students at MICA

Welcome to the Maryland Institute College of Art! We are pleased to welcome you to MICA's international community and are committed to offering resources to support you in your academics, art, and personal life. International Affairs endeavors to support international students and promote international education at MICA through F-1 student advising, cross-cultural advising and training, and educational and practical programs throughout the year.

We encourage you to use our office's services to enrich your educational and cross-cultural experience at MICA and to take advantage of all of the benefits available to you in F-1 status.

We are your first source of information on any questions related to F-1 rights and regulations, including full-time enrollment, transfer, program extension, leave of absence, withdrawal, employment, travel, visitors, and other issues. We are also pleased to discuss with you U.S. culture, U.S. academic customs and expectations, cross-cultural communication, and life in Baltimore, and we can refer you to other offices and services as needed.

We look forward to working with you and encourage you to make appointments early regarding immigration issues, employment, and other matters. 

Please visit our Resources page to access helpful handouts for international students

Maintaining Legal F-1 Status

Most international students at MICA are in F-1 status. All international students who have entered the U.S. on F-1 and other non-immigrant visas must obey federal regulations that govern their visa status. It is very important to pay close attention to these regulations. Always ask the International Affairs staff for assistance if any concerns arise. While International Affairs endeavors to provide students with the most current information on F-1 regulations, it is ultimately the responsibility of the student to follow all procedures necessary to maintain legal status in the U.S.

Please see the additional pages on this site for detailed information about F-1 regulations and benefits.

Requesting documents from International Affairs

F-1 Students should print the International Student Request Form and submit it to the front desk of International Affairs during our walk in hours. This form is used to request the following paperwork...

  • Travel signatures (remember to leave your I-20 at International Affairs along with the request form)
  • Letter in support of your visa application
  • Letter certifying your F-1 status and enrollment
  • Signature on your on-campus work Social Security Number Form (remember to leave the form at International Affairs along with the request form)
  • Requests for a new I-20 due to damage, loss, change of major.

Click here to download the International Student Request form


The information on this website is not exhaustive, and regulations may change at any time. If you have any questions or need additional information about maintaining your F-1 status, please contact MICA's International Affairs office at or 410-225-2243.