2017 Residency Dates
- Saturday June 3rd arrival through Saturday July 29th departure
- The Residency is open to all practicing, non-student visual artists regardless of affiliation or nationality.
- Artists enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs at the time of application are not eligible for the Residency.
- Visual artists may apply as individuals or as artist-couples.
- Each member of an artist-couple must apply and be accepted individually.
- Both members of an accepted artist-couple must attend in order for either artist to attend.
- The Residency provides free lodging and studio space. Residents are responsible for the cost of travel, most meals, materials, and personal expenses.
- The Residency provides uninterrupted time to work. Although residents are encouraged to explore Brittany's beautiful landscape, Neolithic monuments, historic sites, museums, and villages as an aid to further their work, any extended travel requiring an overnight stay must take place before or after the Residency.
- Residents are guests in France and should be courteous in all encounters with our French hosts.
- Residents may not bring children or invite children to visit during the Residency.
- Residents may not invite guests to visit during the Residency.
- No pets.
- The Residency facilities are smoke-free.
- Residents are expected to respect the privacy of others, especially when they are working.
- The Residency abides by the Maryland Institute College of Art's policies on sexual harassment and the use of illegal substances.
- The Residency assumes no responsibility for medical care or for repatriation as the result of a medical emergency.
- The Residency requires artists to acknowledge the Alfred and Trafford Klots International Program for Artists by name when they exhibit or publish work undertaken during the Residency.
- Residents must show, install, and deinstall work completed and in progress during their Residency in the Abbey exhibition space.
- Work sold from the Residency exhibition is subject to a 40% gallery fee paid to Maryland Institute College of Art.
- The Residency reserves the right to change these policies without warning.
This page was last updated on 10/31/2016.