U.S. government regulations require that F-1 students have a job offer in order to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN). It is simple to apply for your Social Security Number -- as long as you are organized!
The Social Security Administration Office is located at 1010 Park Ave, Suite 200.
Visit the Social Security Administration Office with the following documents:
- Proof of employment....either
- F-1 Student Job Verification Form authorized by MICA Human Resources and International Education (obtain this form from MICA Human Resources)
- OR a job offer letter from your off-campus employer
- OR OPT Employment Authorization Card
- MICA student ID card
- Application Form, which can be found online, or completed in person at the Social Security Administration Office
After you submit your materials at the Social Security office and are approved, you will receive your social security card in the mail. The process usually takes four to eight weeks. If you have questions, call the
Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213.
This page was last updated on 07/14/2016.