BFA/MAT 5-Year Dual Degree Plan
All Students must meet with the Undergraduate Coordinator for advising each semester.
After Sophomore year, students must apply and be granted access to continue on the MA in Teaching Undergraduate program in order to take the following courses in Junior and Senior years.
Total Credits for the MA in Teaching: 53
Milestones for the MAT Program
- GPA: All graduate coursework must be completed with a B or better, which assumes a 3.0 or better GPA each semester.
- Praxis Core: MAT students must pass Praxis Core by the beginning of their first semester.
Note: Completion of Praxis Core is not a requirement to submit an application to the program. (Click here for Federal Reporting)
- Praxis II: MAT students must pass the Praxis II exams (Art Content and Art Theory and Criticism) by the end of their first semester. (Click here for Federal Reporting)
- Criminal Background Check: MAT students must pass the criminal background by the end of their first year in the program.
- Award of MAT Degree: All coursework must be completed and passing scores on the required Praxis exams must be submitted prior award of the degree.