The Festival is open to all international videoartists; Participation is free
The festival is realized in partnership with Casoria Contemporary Art Museum (CAM) and Palazzo delle Arti Napoli (PAN). The festival activity will end with the screening of all videos participant along three days, scheduled for March, at prestigious house of PAN, in the midtown of city, followed by the screening of 30 selected videos at CAM, in a great night event, with screening of a selection from other famous videoart festival, scheduled for April.
- The Festival is open to all international videoartists. Participation is free.
- The Festival is dedicated exclusively to vide oart, and a suggested theme, that artists are invited to render: VISION(S) OF
- Final selection will based on the vote of a jury of experts. The 30 selected artworks will become part of CAM permanent collection.
- All sent materials will not be returned, and will be stored in the Festival's archive as documentation
- By sending the participation form, the artist accepts, fully, the present rules.
- The jury's verdict is incontestable.
- The artist accept that his/her own videos will be broadcast online and offline, on the site www.magmart.it; he/she accept that, if selected, the video becomes part of the permanent collection of CAM, and can be freely screened within PAN and CAM rooms.
- All the videos, selected or not, can be screened in any other place or event related to the festival, online or offline, with the exclusion of any commercial use.
- Still-frame from videos can be freely used for the festival communication, mentioning title and author of artwork.
- All rights of videos remain the property of the author. The author asserts, under his/her own liability, the complete right of use of materials (images, sounds, videos) and that compose the artwork; the author undertakes completely the liability for any breach of copyright laws.
- To participat, fill out the form available online, on the official website of the festival. The omission, or the incorrect filling, of one or more parts of form itself, will involve the exclusion of video from selection by the jury.
- Videos received by midnight of January, 31 2010 will be accepted.
- The possible selection by the jury is in any case subordinate at an essential condition for the annoucement of winners: the author of selected video must send, via ordinary mail, by midnight of February, 15 2010, the donation act to CAM of the copy of his/her own video, downloadable from the official festival website. This donation act don't underlie in any way a transfer of right, but certify exclusively the willingness of author so that a copy of his/her own video artwork will be permanently kept - and, with limitations above, utilized - in the permanent collection of CAM.
- Without this donation act, the videos will be ruled out of the selection, and replaced by those immediately subsequent in the Jury's ranking.
- Any author can participate with a maximum of 5 videos.
TECHNICAL FEATURES OF ARTWORKS
- The videos must be sent in format .mpeg or .mov (PAL); any other format will be rejected.
- The max lenght of videos don't must surpass 10 minutes.
- The videos must be accompanied by participation form fully and correctly compiled.
- The videos must be accompanied by a still-frame from video itself, in format .jpg, and with dimension not less than 400 px X 300 px.
- The videos must have a quality (dimension, resolution) good for a public screening, without any further shipping of an high-res copy.
- Suggested size is 720px X 576px; minimum size required is 640px X 480px.
- If the video is a shooting of a performance, this must be fully visible within video length.
Fill out the form before midnight of January, 31 2010
In the form, you must be indicate a URL http or ftp for downloading the video (i.e.: http://www.mydomain.com/myvideo.mov) and the still-frame from video (i.e.: Http://www.mydomain.com/myimage.jpg);
It is possible to utilize a service for big files transfer. The video and the image must be effectively available at indicated URL within the deadline.
Don't send us link to video hosted on YouTube, Vimeo or similar websites! They don't match our rules! We need your original artwork.