MICA captured 133 press clips in September, a 57 percent increase over August, including three mentions in The New York Times, as well as in The Wall Street Journal, The Chronicle for Higher Education and the U.K.'s Guardian newspaper.
Posted 10.27.10 by mica communications
MICA captured 133 press clips in September, a 57 percent increase over August, including three mentions in The New York Times, as well as in The Wall Street Journal, The Chronicle for Higher Education and the U.K.'s Guardian newspaper. Several local Baltimore outlets also featured MICA prominently in September, including big wins in the City Paper's Best of Baltimore issue, a front page Baltimore Sun article, feature stories on students in Urbanite and two WYPR interviews.
The online traffic for the news section of the website also increased this month to 10,715 pageviews. The most-visited story was a carryover from August, the Parade magazine feature, followed by the announcement of new expanded programming and the Constitution Day event.
- NY Times Article Credits MICA's Role in Station North's Success
- The Chronicle Looks to Professor Mikita Brottman for Expert Opinion in Front-Page Story
- International Newspapers Refer to MICA as the Center of "Baltimore's Beating Art"
- Baltimore Sun Article Highlights New MPS in The Business of Art and Design Program
- Fiber Chair Susie Brandt Talks Yarn, Crafts in the Wall Street Journal
- MICA Takes Top Honors in City Paper's 'Best of Baltimore' Issue
- Baltimore Sun Feature Reveals President Fred Lazarus IV's Office Space
Founded in 1826, Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) is the oldest continuously degree-granting college of art and design in the nation. The College enrolls nearly 3,300 B.F.A., M.F.A., M.A., M.A./M.B.A., M.A.T., M.P.S. and continuing studies students from 48 states and the District of Columbia and 52 countries in fine arts, design, electronic media, art education, liberal arts, and professional studies degree and non-credit programs. With art and design programs ranked in the top 10 by U.S. News & World Report, MICA is pioneering interdisciplinary approaches to innovation, research, and community and social engagement. Alumni and programming reach around the globe, even as MICA remains a cultural cornerstone in the Baltimore/Washington region, hosting hundreds of exhibitions and events annually by students, faculty and other established artists.