Background and How to Apply
Posted 12.01.09 by Alisha Green, Executive Assistant, Office of the Dean for Academic Services
Each spring, MICA offers students the chance to compete for more than $300,000 in merit-based scholarships. Eligible students must be currently enrolled, full-time, degree-seeking undergraduates and must register full-time for the 2010-2011 academic year. All entrants must have at least a 3.0 grade point average as of the Fall 2009 semester. Funding for competitive scholarships comes from MICA, as well as individual donors and organizations. All awards will be applied as a credit to the winners' 2010-2011 account. Students receiving MICA tuition remission benefits are not eligible for competitive scholarships.
Applicants may submit their work in any one of the following formats:
- Up to 10 digital images (each image 800x600 pixels maximum, RGB, 72 dpi, jpeg formatted)
- Up to 5 digital images (each image 800x600 pixels maximum, RGB, 72 dpi, jpeg formatted) and up to 1 minute 30 seconds of Video* or Animation (formatted for QuickTime)
- Up to 3 minutes of Video* or Animation (formatted for QuickTime)
- Interactive work (all files must be uploaded along with viewing instructions; juries will spend 3 minutes viewing/interacting with the work)
* for video documentation of time-based art, performance, or installation, any sound must be part of the original work, not added for the purpose of the scholarship review. However, voice-over to assist in clarification or "to set the stage" is acceptable. It may not be used to describe meaning, technique, your process, interpretation, or intention.
All applications will be collected online. CLICK HERE TO APPLY before 4pm on February 1st, 2010. Don't wait until the last minute to apply! We strongly encourage you to attend the Information Sessions listed below.
Please note the following important dates regarding Competitive Scholarships for Returning Undergraduate Students:
- Tuesday, December 1: Application interface opens (CLICK HERE TO APPLY)
- Wednesday, December 9: Informational Session takes place 7-8pm at Meyerhoff House Private Dining Room
- Wednesday, January 20: Informational Session takes place 7-8pm at Meyerhoff House Private Dining Room
- Monday, February 1: Applications Due before 4 pm sharp. No late applications will be accepted!
If you have any questions concerning the application requirements or process, please contact Alisha Green, Executive Assistant for Academic Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-225-4233.
Competitive Scholarship Committee