facebook pixel

Students, staff & faculty can login to access personalized content.

Parent & Guardian Access is located here.

Please enter your login info

Forgot your password?

[Skip to Content]

Fundraising FAQ

Q: Are MICA students/student groups allowed to submit grant requests to external funders?

A: If a group of MICA students is interested in fundraising for a program or project that benefits the College, they must work under the supervision of a faculty or staff member. Students are welcome to be the primary proposal authors, but the faculty/staff person must provide oversight and review and approve all written materials before they are shared with the Office of Research/Development. The faculty/staff person will be the Office of Research/Development's contact person for the project, and will serve as the official applicant on all External Fundraising (EFG) forms. All faculty/staff EFG policies apply in the same way.

Q: I'm a MICA faculty member and would like to apply for internal funding in support of professional development, curriculum development, research, or technology. How do I do that/where do I go for assistance?
A: MICA administers a number of internal grant programs. Please visit this page for more information.

Q: I'm a MICA faculty/staff member and would like to apply for a grant from a corporation, foundation or government agency. How do I do that/where do I go for assistance?
A: MICA's External Fundraising Guidelines are designed to assist faculty and staff in the successful solicitation of grant funds. Please visit this page, for all of the tools you'll need to assist you in the grant-seeking process.

Q: I'm a MICA faculty/staff member and would like to access MICA's searchable database of corporate and foundation prospects. How do I do that?
A: MICA subscribes to a database called the Foundation Directory. You can access the database using the kiosk located in the Office of Research on the third floor of the Art Tech Center. For more information, please contact Nancy Daly, Program Coordinator for Graduate Studies & Research,(ndaly@mica.edu, or 410/225-5241).

Q: I'm a MICA faculty/staff member and I would like to apply for a grant to support my individual art work/research done outside of my role as a MICA employee. Do I need to follow MICA's External Fundraising Guidelines?
A: MICA's External Fundraising Guidelines do not apply to individual artist grants or awards. However, you should feel free to use the resources provided on External Fundraising Guidelines website, such as the budget template and sample proposals, as well as the Foundation Directory database of funders. For information on grant opportunities available to individuals, please visit the "Additional Resources" section of the External Fundraising Guidelines website, here.