- Grant Seeking Basics, from the Foundation Center - Free!
- Proposal Writing Basics, from the Foundation Center - Free!
- Proposal Budgeting Basics, from the Foundation Center - Free!
- Common Grant Application Workshop, from the Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers
- Check the Foundation Center's Education Calendar for additional training opportunities.
- Proposal Writing Short Course from the Foundation Center
MICA's Mission Statement
The mission statement below is frequently included in proposals.
"Founded in 1826, Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) is the nation’s oldest independent and fully accredited degree-granting art college, with a twofold mission: to prepare students for careers in the visual arts and design, and to serve as a cultural resource for the Baltimore community and the greater mid-Atlantic region. MICA is consistently ranked in the top tier art programs in the nation. Our groundbreaking curricular approach combines fine arts education with state-of-the-art technology training and liberal arts studies to educate artist-citizens."
Tip: Are you seeking funding for an existing program or project? If so, see if there's any existing language you can borrow from MICA's website or other MICA publications (e.g. the prospectus, academic bulletin, press releases, etc.)