The Teaching Technology Center, located in Bunting Center room 180, is led by Pam Stefanuca, Director of Instructional Technology and Advancement.
The purpose of the center is to provide consultation and direct support to faculty in the effective use of current and emerging technologies in the curriculum.
This is accomplished by:
- Researching, evaluating, and advocating for the adoption of new academic technologies
- Consulting on selection and use of academic technologies based on effective instructional design principles
- Delivering faculty training on the use of academic technologies such as Moodle and Adobe Connect
- Showcasing innovative use of technology by MICA faculty
- Facilitating peer-to-peer collaboration in technology
- Assisting in the design and delivery of blended/hybrid courses
The center will regularly sponsor presentations on new and existing technologies and best practices for using technology in teaching and learning at MICA.
The center is also directly involved in the Academic Technology Committee that gathers information and listens to the voices of faculty, staff and students to help plan for smart instructional technology use and growth at MICA.
Faculty Technology Lab
Test Classroom Space
- Adobe Connect
- Academic Technology @ MICA Blog
- The New Media Consortium
- Educause (MICA is a member)
- MICA's Youtube Channel
- International Community of Moodle Users
- The Center for Digital Storytelling
- Digital Storytelling Resources
- Flickr Creative Commons
- Thoughts on Education in the 21st Century by Gardner Campbell