- PowerPoint Slideshows are the only format we will accept. The Supplemental Material Document must be submitted in a MS Word document or PDF (see below for required application components).Work submitted for exhibition should be the work that is shown in the application.
- Work exhibited must belong to the same body of work submitted with this application (consistent in size, style, and media). Additional pieces may be added, however; the Student Space Gallery Jury and Gallery Manager reserve the right to approve/disapprove the installation of exhibitions that are inconsistent with applications.
- If you intend to show work that is still in the process of being made, you must describe your work and intended timeline in the space proposal section of your Supplemental Materials Document.All work must be gallery ready by your installation date.
- The jury will do their best to accommodate your exhibition preferences; however, the jury is responsible for making the final decisions about exhibition dates and locations.
- Should your proposal be selected, you will be responsible for costs associated with vinyl and publicity for your exhibition, and will be held accountable for any exhibition-related damages left in the galleries after your show. Student Activities will provide catering for your opening.
- Only current undergraduate students are eligible to exhibit with the Student Space Gallery Program.
All applications must include the following components to be considered complete:
- Submissions are limited to slides in Power Point format only (uploaded through our online application); no actual work will be considered as a submission. The Student Space Gallery process is anonymous, so do not include your name in any of the slides.
- Submissions must be between five and ten slides. If you are applying as a group, please submit several slides from each artist and a group artist statement with your proposal. Your total should not exceed 10 slides.
- Videos may be uploaded via the application when applicable, but be mindful of the 20 MB file upload limit. If you get a submission error it is probably because your file is too big!
- All slides/videos must also be listed in the Slide List Section of your Supplemental Materials document.
- Make sure to check the format of your presentation on a Mac and PC!
2. Supplemental Material Document: The Supplemental Material Document is one document containing the following sections: slide list, artist statement, projected budget, and installation proposal. It must be saved as a MS Word document or PDF. All sections must be included in order to be considered a complete application. Do not include your name and or other identifying information in your file! The SSG process in anonymous.
- Slide List: This should correspond with the work included in your PowerPoint (or number), media, and dimensions
- Artist Statement: Your artist statement should supplement the visual materials you provide so the jury understands the direction you intend to go, and what you are trying to achieve with your exhibition. It must not exceed 200 words.
- Projected Budget: It is good to think through the costs associated with your installation so you are not caught off guard down the road. Please provide a budget of the materials you will need to execute your installation. Keep in mind that you are PERSONALLY responsible for the costs associated with hanging and installing your work, so be realistic in your proposal.
- Space Proposal: This should include how many pieces you intend to hang, the sizes, configuration, and any other plans that would help the jury to get a comprehensive understanding of your proposed exhibition. Tip: Proposals for installations and performances should be written out with accompanying diagrams, sketches, or videos.
Please contact Emerson Loisel at 410-225-2284 or email@example.com or stop by the Student Activities Office with any questions you may have about the Student Space Gallery application process.
Application for Exhibition in Spring 2017
You can now APPLY ONLINE for exhibitions taking place in Spring 2017. This application is due in the Student Activities Office no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, October 3rd, 2016.
This page was last updated on 08/30/2016.