Established in 2007, the Emerging Leader award is designed to recognize two students who in the last year have taken their first steps of leadership. The Emerging Leader Award is given annually to up to two non-graduating students who have demonstrated outstanding potential to continue to thrive as a leader at MICA.
Requirements for eligibility include:
- Must be either a current freshman, sophomore, junior, or graduate student
- Must NOT be graduating in the May 2016 semester
- Has made extensive and effective leadership contributions to the MICA community
- Good academic standing (has an academic GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Demonstrated involvement for one year or less
To nominate a student for the Emerging Leader Award please click here.